You may have incurred expenses all year long preparing for an event but find yourself unable to afford its sudden cancellation, postponement or relocation due problems out of your control.
Cover is available to protect against cancellation/ abandonment of the event, third party bodily injury, public liability, damage to the venue building, fixtures and fittings, non appearance of key speakers/ celebrities/ entertainers, enforced reduced attendance and loss of profits.
Event cancellation insurance can cover the following events:
- Entertainment or sporting event
- Trade shows
- Promotional event
- Product launch
- Corporate events
- Physical damage to the premises where the event was scheduled to take place
- Extreme weather such as hurricanes, typhoons or tornadoes which prevent staging the event or attendance by many participants
- Strikes by employees of the hotel, convention center, air traffic, public transportation and other infrastructure workers
- Withdrawal by the authorities of the obtained licenses and permits
- Late or non-arrival of items essential to the event such as audiovisual equipment, exhibit items, etc.
- Non-appearance of a large number of participants
- National mourning
- No access to the venue
- Any other sudden and accidental occurrence beyond the insured's control which is otherwise not excluded
Whether it is someone being physically injured or damage to personal property, there is always a risk of something going wrong when crowds gather. A separate Public liability insurance policy can cover the organizer from compensation claims when such an incident occurs in the event.
Damage to equipment, stands, sets and such property belonging to the organizers during the event from fire, natural perils, etc can be covered under a separate property All Risk insurance
- Unexplained losses
- War, terrorism and sabotage
Period of Insurance
The policy period covers the full event period but can also be extended as per requirements of the assured.
The policy may have a time or a monetary deductible
Presale and After Sale Services
We have a professional and experienced team of underwriters who can assist you:
- in the proper understanding of insurance’s coverage
- in answering your queries
- in advising you on the information required by underwriters to quote terms
- in completing the proposal form if applicable
- in advising you on covers to meet your requirements
You must alert us of any accident that may lead to a claim covered under the policy, and our team of experts will assist you in the quick settlement of the claim.
Premium rates are based on:
- Gross receipts from the event
- Duration of the event
- Whether the event is held in the open or not
- Celebrity attendance
- Number of participants
- Professional experience of the organizers
Premium is based on the basis of the proposal form completed by the client.
Please note that for the easy understanding of the insurance policy, we have highlighted the important aspects. We will be glad to receive your queries and discuss the full set of policy terms, conditions and exclusions.
Call us as soon as possible, in case of an accident, and our team of experts will guide you through the claim process. For more information, please contact Nasco Gulf at +971 4 351 8610